Mexico and temperatures...

I've been in bed all day.  I coughed all night last night and ached and pained and had a fever at it's peak of 102.9.  Sounds like a lovely day, huh?

I don't get sick...I take care of sick people.  I had to call my hospice patient's home and let them know that I wasn't coming because I was sick.  I felt like a fraud, a fake and it humbled me.  We are the the end with this woman and she is ready to go.  As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I get a call in the middle of the night...a call that the angels came.  Her husband and I talk about how that would be a blessing.

Interestingly, I am still in bed.  It is night, I managed a shower, a tub because I had the chills and 4 frescas.  That's it.  Secretly, I am hoping the weight is falling off of me but honestly it is not.

I am not into Christmas this year.  This year, my husband suggested that we go to Acuna, Mexico on the border across from Fort Worth and build a house.  So we are leaving on Christmas morning and road tripping about half way and then on the 26th we are going the other half.  We'll hammer up this house on the 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th and then head home.  The 31st, Jim and I will celebrate our 24th anniversary with the kids and then I am sure they will scatter.

So does Santa need to come to a house with 16, 18 and 20 year old children?  I don't think so.  But, because I didn't want to forget the season all together, my youngest and I hiked around our property, found a tree that was not gonna survive, cut it down and decorated it.

And of course, I bought a few things they need so they have something to unwrap.  What I really want to do is go shopping and get the family a few things...a broom, a bag of rice, some towels and sheets...things that make moving from a pallet house to a home all the more special.  Oh and some toys if there are little kids.

I'm not into Christmas in the sense of buying a bunch of junk no one really needs and hardly wants.  In my family, we are so lucky to be able to have what we need and most of the time what we want.  We live in a big house looking out over Pikes Peak...not a box car or a pallet house wired together and walls made of cardboard.  

My gift this year and every time we go to Mexico is watching my children change the world.  They don't see any differences in any of us and what we look like or have.  They all speak Spanish and communicate like old friends.  I like that about our world these days.  

I guess what I am trying to get across, is whatever Christmas is for you...enjoy it and do what you do.  I will be doing what I do with my family.

Just checked my temp again with that temporal thermometer and I love them...what I don't love is that I am back up to 101.  I better get some ibuprofen in me and get going...

We"ll tawk tomorrow,
I love you all,
Terry


Comments

Elizabeth said…
Feel better soon, dear Terry Joy. And what you do with your family is so beautiful. I am grateful for families like you.
Ms. Moon said…
You better rest and get well is what you better do.

Popular Posts