Marching Band Season is upon us...

In our house, we love marching band.  By "we", I mean the whole family.  When the Queen was the drum major, you would have thought I won the lottery.  I could not have been more proud.  This year, my youngest gets to march along with his older brother.  I am so excited...

Today, was day 1.  The boys left the house at 6:45 to get to the field and review the marching techniques for my younger son.  I got a phone call around 7:30 that a lunch had been forgotten.  I brought it by in my travels and left it on the front seat of the car.  They were up until midnight last night crafting a binder that they could wear on their back and march with the instrument in the front.  For what...do they have eyes in the back of their heads...but I said nothing.

They arrived home complaining of the day.  It was so long and they played the same piece 55 times atleast and finally got it.  By the complaining, you would have thought they were tortured 9-7.

Then the music and instruments came out sitting at the kitchen table




and the music began.  They were a little rusty but the sounds of big loud horns makes me smile.  The sounds of two teenage boys playing them at my kitchen table on a Friday night makes me grin from ear to ear. 


Tommorrow is day 2 from 9-7...I am sure they will be tired.  I am also sure that they will be proud of the hard work, the music they have learned and the show they are learning to put on the field.  One thing I know...I sure am proud of them.

We'll tawk tommorrow,
I love you all,
Terry





Comments

Popular Posts