Discipline or torture...

You know how "they" say that there is a fine line between pleasure and pain?  I am here to tell you...there is also a fine line between discipline and torture when it comes to getting fit and following a diet.

I have been going to Nick's Pro fitness for 39 days...and because of that, I have not had a piece of bread, a noodle of pasta and nothing that could even be mistaken for a sweet.  I am eating meat and veggies for dinner, usually nothing for lunch and an apple, banana and a glass of orange juice for breakfast.  I have cheated a little bit but it has only been with my pink wine.  That's it...Oh and hitting the gym 6 days a week.

I got on the scale this morning and realized that this is not discipline...this is torture.  I am down 15 pounds and am stronger, but I am still fat, jiggly and unhappy. 

I was hoping to look decent in the pictures for my son's graduation but I am not too sure that it is going to be.  Funny thing about pictures though...usually when I look at them years later, I realize I didn't look as bad as I thought.  

I had to make a collage for Mac to be on the wall during the graduation events, so I went through tons of old pictures to pick out the ones I love.  I realized that in the almost 25 years of being married, I was thin twice.  The rest of the time, I was big...sometimes really big and other times, tolerable.  I mentioned that to my husband and he said, " Not twice, honey, I think you were thin three times since we were married."  I had to laugh at his response...I guess it bothers me alot more than it bothers him.

Tomorrow is Atomic Friday at Nicks.  We start out with mountain climbers, 4 counts and progress to jumps.  The room is about 100 degrees and I am covered with sweat before the class even gets going.  By the end of the class, I can hear myself moaning while I do the exercises and the fatigue is almost unbearable.  Then it's over, we finish with 50 mountain climbers, stretch and we've all  made it through the class.  It will be my 35th class in 40 days...not bad for an old, chubby almost 48 year old mother, huh?

Torture, discipline...pleasure and pain.  I have to say that in the last 40 days, I have experienced all of those feelings in this exercise class.  And...I am 15 pounds lighter. 

We'll tawk tomorrow,
I love you all,
Terry

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Sigh. Remember when it was a tad bit easier to lose 15 pounds? I'm going to be 49 at the end of the summer, and I'm finding it more and more difficult to lose weight and keep it off.

But congrats to you. I hope you can find some balance in there eventually with the exercise and the dieting and the thin and the "big."

Popular Posts