Some days...

This morning, I got up and fought the voices that wanted me to stay home and skip spinning.  I am on day 3 of the juice fast and I have to say, it's not that bad.  But, I am dragging and I think it is from the lack of caffiene and wine.  Anyway, I got ready, packed my bag for the gym and headed out.  I got on a bike and realized that I had spun yesterday because of the state of my crotch.  I don't have cycling shoes or pants yet.  I'm not so sure that I want them either...but today I wanted both.  I sat on that seat and wondered if I was going to make it...the soreness was overwhelming.  But, I decided to tough it out for as long as I could.  I made it about 45 minutes and had to get off the bike.

I headed down to the shower, got all of my stuff and got done.  I realized after I was showered, half dressed and wanting to get going that I forgot to pack my pants.  I stood there in my underwear trying to figure out what to do.  How could I forget my pants?  Yesterday, standing in the same spot, after a shower, I took all of my clothes out of the bag and discovered I had no bra.  There are a few things I can do without but pants and a bra when I am seeing patients is something that is required.  I decided to go home and get properly dressed in both instances.

Some days are just like that.

I headed to see one of my patients.  She was sitting in her big cozy chair, listening to Polka songs on tape.  I came in and sat down and asked the usual questions.  She answered that she was fine, didn't have too much pain and was eating well.  I picked up the pictures in her frames on her dresser and she began to tell me about her husband and their life.  It sounds like she had a good life and is thankful for it.  I know she loves to have her a smoke but can't smoke alone...so I offered her one.  She lit it and sat quietly and smoked.  She enjoyed every inhale and exhale she took.  I talked about the Polka music and how nice it is where she is living.  She agreed and noticed that she needed some coffee.  I ventured to the kitchen and filled her cup.  She took her first sip and told me it was perfect.  After awhile of sitting together quietly, I decided it was time to go.  I got her comfortable again and leaned forward to to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.  She took my face and said, "I love you" and before I stood up, I told her I loved her too.  I walked out of the room and thought about that.  Do I love her, I wondered or am I just saying that?  I realized that I do and that is why I love my job.  I am so lucky to sit with someone and listen to Polka music...hear about the old days and then hear that she loves me. 

Pants or not, Bra or not...the days go on and good things do happen. 

Thank goodness I get to do this again tommorrow.

I'm headed to watch the Biggest Loser finale...hopefully it will motivate me to keep going on my latest health craze.

We'll tawk soon,
I love you all,
Terry

Comments

Popular Posts