Yesterday, Today and Tommorrow...

I cannot begin to tell you how much snow we have here...it must be about 18 inches and it is still falling.  I was taken by surprise because I didn't expect much and  we have a ton.


                              This picture is looking out my front door!

My oldest son and his girl went to the dance last night.  It was pretty snowy so my husband played chaueffer and drove them to dinner and the dance.  They looked pretty cute although I just saw him but am lucky enough to get a picture of the two off of facebook.





I stayed home last night and wallowed for a little while.  I watched "Mamma Mia" and I gotta tell you, Pierce Brosnan cannot sing.  He just can't.  Sorry.  I love the movie and every time I see it  I want to live on that island where they are all tan and beautiful...but everytime I see it, I am uncomfortable the whole time Pierce Brosnan is singing...almost embarrased for him in a way. 

When that movie was over and no one was home yet, I watched the "Bucket List" with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.  I do love that movie.  I really need to start my own "bucket" list.

So I made it through the "purple funk" day without saying a bunch of stuff to my husband that I would later regret.  Score one for me!

Went to church this morning and my oldest son was the reader and my youngest was the acolyte.  My oldest read about "salt and light" and how we are called to be the "salt of the earth" and the "light of the world".  I don't have a whole lot to say about that now because it got me thinking and I love when I leave church and it makes me think about things during the day.  I call that a good sermon.

The boys are planning a superbowl party...and I think I will attend.  We have food, a fire in the fireplace, soda, some beer and a warm leather couch.  I already "called' the best part of the couch so I am set.  They are out in the snow now but wanted to be called in at 4:00 so we could get the food prepped and heated up.  We want to be able to have maximum sitting in front of the TV time.

As for tommorrow, I am going to let it come and not worry about it's arrival.  You see, what good is it to worry about how much snow, will there be school, will I even wake up because...It will do it's own thing, tommorrow that is, and I have no control over it.  What I do have control over, is which blanket I use on the couch to keep warm, which boy will let me lean on him during the game and what kind of beer to drink with my superbowl snacks.  And listen, if that is what I am worrying about tonight...I'm good.

We'll tawk tommorrow,
I love you all,
Terry

Comments

Popular Posts